4. A Million And One Gods; Making Sense Of Greek Mythology: Four Reflections – Jack Peradotto
- differences between Greek polytheism and Abrahamic monotheism as well as the persistence of polytheistic elements in the latter.
- the part Greek myth played in the origins of misogyny.
- the gods Apollo, Dionysus and Hermes as powerful symbols in the Greek attempt to find a mean between repression and mania in the individual and society.
- fate and accident in what is perhaps the most well-known of Greek myths, the story of Oedipus.
Instructions: The course is a self-directed, non-Zoom program. Participants will be required to access the program via the internet. You will receive instructions to access the course in September. Registered participants will receive a follow up email from Jack Peradotto with instructions. You will receive instructions to access the course in September.